Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Heading for the Mountain

It is almost here.... the BIG Climb!

I leave this Friday, June 19th, to fly out to San Francisco where I'll meet Victoria, the other girl from Virginia! We'll then rent a car and drive up to Shasta to take snow school Saturday morning.

I've tried to start packing ... lots of gear to figure out how to pack so I can carry on my backpack and check a small suitcase. I'll also be staying out in CA for a week so I gotta pack tight!


Here are the snacks that will sustain me up the mountain... some turkey jerky, trail mix, a variety or CLIF and Powerbars, electrolyte mix, dried fruit, goldfish crackers, and for when the going gets really tough -- chocolate covered espresso beans .... YUM.


After 115 miles of training hikes, 8 months of training at the gym, and raising almost $7,000 I'm ready to be there looking up at this magnificent mountain.... take a look, she's a real beauty!

If you'd like to follow the teams progress while out at Shasta you can do so via the Breast Cancer Fund’s blog: http://www.breastcancerfund.typepad.com/!

Thanks for your support!

Climb On,

Jess


"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~ John Muir






2 comments:

Allison said...

What a beautiful hike!

Kathy and Carly said...

Yay! Have a safe trip! See you here!