Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Pack, New Poles!


TURK MOUNTAIN -- Shenandoah National Park, Virginia

This was my first hike with my new pack, hiking poles, and Asolo boots! As part of the Climb Against the Odds the Breast Cancer Fund gets lots of gear goodies donated to climbers :) The pack and the poles are from my first goodie box!

For this training hike I parked at Jarmna Gap on Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park and then hiked along the AT to the Turk Mountain Gap Trail that goes to the summit, elevation 2981 ft.

Trail the summit...


NEW OSPREY PACK! I really like the design and fit of this pack :)


-- NEW LEKKI POLES TAKE A BREAK AT THE TOP FOR LUNCH --


CHECK OUT THESE KILLER NEW HIKING BOOTS FROM ASOLO -- All the BCF climbers got an amazing discount on these Asolo Powermatic shoes! This we my first test drive in them and they passed the test with flying colors!


Lunch of champions on the summit... PB&J, Goldfish, and a banana! All my favs :)


I love a lunch with a view!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Nice gear! You're gonna be ready in no time. :)